Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yoga, body changes & Jeralyn

Hello all! I've slacked off on writing lately so I thought I would play catch up tonight.

I just got home from a really amazing yoga class tonight. Tonight was the first class where I felt strong. Not like arm flexing, weight lifting strong, but I felt a physical and mental strength in class that I hadn't up until today. I was very focused on what my body was doing during class and how to get deeper into a stretch or pose. It was so rewarding. :)

As for my weight loss the last two to four weeks...I've been stuck in a yoyo of 183 & 185 pounds. I sticking close to my rev muffin diet. (getting 1100-1300 calories a day) And I'm staying more active by my weekly yoga and running 3 times a week. The thing is that I can feel my body changing. My pants that I just bought last month are getting looser. I believe that the running is reshaping my body but building some new muscle. I'm disappointed that I'm not loosing pounds, but I'm encouraged that I'm feeling and looking better by the day.

I realized that I haven't given an update on Jeralyn, my step daughter that came to live with us to help her with her grades and behavior. After a rough initial two week adjustment (for Jay and I) I'm pleased to report that Jeralyn is doing amazing! Not only has she tremendously improved her attitude at home and at school, but her grades are near perfect. Her 4th six weeks report card produced 6 A's and 1 B. We couldn't be more proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. Sheryl, Just wanted to say that I've been following your progress! I'm so proud of your dedication and motivation!!! I'm trying to get back on track after baby and you are inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete